Deciding whether to repair or replace your broken washing machine is a difficult decision. However, it is something you should never overlook.
Sometimes determining whether or not your old washing machine is worth repairing depends on a few key factors.
This article is written to help you find the most cost-effective solution that will benefit you in the long run. This will tackle the following:
- Common appliance problems that you will encounter with older models
- Factors to consider when choosing to repair or replace an old machine
- How to find a reliable appliance repair company
Typical Issues of an Old Washing Machine
Before jumping directly into the decision of repairing or replacing your old washer, it is important to understand the most common issues that you will likely encounter. Common problems include:
- Leaking water: This issue is usually caused by a faulty seal or worn-out gasket.
- Noisy operation: Worn-out bearings, an unbalanced drum, or loose parts can cause your washing machine to make more noise than usual.
- Failure to spin: This is often caused by a worn-out drive belt or motor.
- Not draining: If your washer is not draining properly, it could be due to a clogged drain hose or pump.
Considering Factors When Deciding To Repair or Replace An Old Machine
When deciding whether to repair or replace an old washing machine, it is imperative to weigh up the following factors:
Washing Machine Repair Costs
Repairing an old washing machine can be costly, depending on what exactly needs to be fixed. If you have a more serious issue, then replacing your older model with a newer model may be more cost-effective in the long run. Other things to consider when it comes to fitting everything within your budget include the following:
- Cost of Replacement Parts: While some washing machine parts can be expensive, it is worth checking online for discounts or second-hand parts.
- Cost of Labor: Always use a qualified repair technician to carry out the repairs, as they will have the knowledge and expertise to get the job done quickly and correctly.
- Original Purchase Price: If you purchased your washing machine for a very low price, then it might not be worth repairing.
Age of Appliance
As with any appliance, age plays a major role in whether or not it will be worth repairing. The average expected lifespan for washing machines is 8-12 years. If your machine is older than this, then replacing it may be a better option.
It is important to note that an old washing machine is not as energy efficient as a new washing machine in the market. Replacing your old model with a more efficient one can save you money on your electricity bill.
The quality of your washing machine will likely depend on the brand. Some brands may provide better repair options than others.
Manufacturers sometimes offer an extended warranty for their customers. This can be a great option for people who want to save money on washing machine repairs in the future. On average, a washing machine warranty can range from one to five years.
A Reputable Appliance Repair Company
If you decide to go ahead with a repair, finding a reputable and reliable appliance repair company is crucial. You want to make sure they have a proven track record of fixing washing machines and are certified in what they do.
Before You Call a Professional Technician
Finding a reliable appliance repair company is essential if you are planning on repairing your old washing machine. Be sure to look for the following:
Professional technicians who have experience working with different brands and models of washing machines.
The company should use genuine replacement parts and offer a warranty on the repairs.
Check online reviews to make sure that the repair service is reliable and trustworthy.
Compare prices from different companies so you can get the best deal possible.
With all this in mind, you can be more informed when deciding if repairing or replacing your old washing machine is the best course of action.
While both options have their advantages and disadvantages, it is ultimately up to you to make the best decision for your home. In either case, relying on an expert can help you get the job done.
Is it Worth Repairing or Replacing?
The decision of whether or not to repair or replace your old washing machine ultimately depends on a few factors, such as cost, the age of the appliance, and finding a reputable repair company. Considering these factors will help you make the best decision for your situation and budget.
In the end, it is important to remember that this is an investment in your home’s comfort, health, and safety. Taking the time to evaluate all of your options carefully can save you money in the long run!
If you’ve decided to repair or replace your washing machine and to look for an appliance technician in Australia, contact us at Quality Appliance Repair. We have a nationwide network of qualified appliance technicians who can help you get your washing machine back up and running in no time.
To learn more or to schedule a consultation, repair, or installation, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us using the contact details provided below:
- Washing Machine Repairs Melbourne VIC – (03) 9034 6162
- Washing Machine Repairs Perth – (08) 9551 7923
- Washing Machine Repairs Adelaide – (08) 6118 7045
- Washing Machine Repairs Sydney – (02) 6190 1313
- Washing Machine Repairs Brisbane – (07) 3088 9002
Give us a call today for more information!